HRP Mamas Events Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Mindfulness for Parents
Sunday, April 30, 2023, 10:00 AM until 11:15 AM
Church Street School for Music & Art
41 White Street
New York, NY 10013
In Person Workshops
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
We do not offer refunds for Workshops, classes, lectures, events. Please let us know if you need to cancel so we may free up your spot for someone else.
MINDFULNESS FOR PARENTS
with MEIRA COHEN-HANSFORD, LCSW
An accessible approach to integrating Mindfulness into your day as parents.
As busy parents we know finding time is always a challenge. This interactive - in person - workshop will help you develop an informal Mindfulness practice, bringing moment to moment awareness to routine activities and enhance the quality of your connections.
Meira Cohen-Hansford, LCSW is a psychotherapist specializing in trauma, anxiety, postpartum and parenting as well as the utilization of mindfulness in therapy. Meira is a long-time practitioner of Mindfulness and yoga and knows first hand how essential these skills can be for parents.
Meira will describe the differences between formal and informal mindfulness practice, the benefits of mindful parenting and mindfulness ‘how to’ skills. You’ll be guided in exercises and brief meditations, leaving with tangible tools, additional resources and a motivation to continue to practice.
• Build in person community and support with fellow parents interested in living a more mindful life. Share reasons for interest in developing a mindfulness practice.
• Learn the difference between informal and formal mindfulness and how to integrate both into busy lives.
• Learn the neuroscience research supporting the benefits of mindful parenting
• Experience mindful exercises and brief guided meditations
• Parents will be helped to let go of thinking in terms of achievement and goal and guided toward presence and ability to notice.
• Leave with tools, additional resources as well as a motivation to continue cultivating mindfulness and compassion.
Limited to 25 registrants - Adults only please.