HRP Mamas Events Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Mental Health in Pregnancy & The Postpartum Period
Thursday, March 30, 2023, 7:30 PM until 9:00 PM
HRP Mamas Workshops
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
PLEASE REGISTER HERE AND YOU WILL BE SENT A LINK TO REGISTER ON THE ZOOM VIDEO CONFERENCE MEETING.
Mental Health IN Pregnancy & The Postpartum Period
A workshop for parents & Expectant Parents with Dr. Shara Brofman
While joy and excitement may be part of the experience of pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period, this chapter can also bring up unexpected emotional adjustment challenges. Join us for an informative workshop and discussion exploring how to feel more emotionally prepared for pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period.
In this workshop, we will discuss:
• A general overview of normal and common emotional adjustment experiences during pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period
• Understanding risk factors for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs)
• Understanding key differences between the “baby blues,” postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety, and postpartum psychosis
• Ways to build psychological flexibility and resilience in approaching and navigating vulnerability and uncertainty during these important chapters
• Additional ways to cope and how to find support
• Time for Q&A
Dr. Shara M. Brofman is a licensed clinical psychologist in the Greater NYC area, specializing in reproductive and perinatal mental health, as well as in the assessment and treatment of depression, anxiety, stress, and mood and relationship concerns. See full bio here.
HRP MAMAS IS HERE TO SUPPORT PARENTS!