HRP Mamas Events Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Essentials Of Baby Care And Newborn Development -- For Expectant & New Parents
Monday, October 4, 2021, 6:00 PM until 7:30 PM
VIRTUAL LIVE WORKSHOPS
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only
WHEN: Monday, October 4th, 2021, 6:00 PM until 7:30 PM + Wednesday, October 6th, 2021, 6:00 PM until 7:30 PM
WHERE: Zoom, live, interactive, non-recorded virtual workshop
PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR THIS EVENT TO RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH INFO ON THE ZOOM WEB VIDEO CONFERENCE SIGN-UP LINK.
ESSENTIALS OF BABY CARE AND Newborn Development -- for Expectant & NEW Parents
with Erica Lyon
Join us for a two-part workshop on newborn development and essential newborn care skills --for expectant parents, with Erica Lyon.
This comprehensive prenatal workshop provides a roadmap to the newborn phase. Understanding your baby when all they seem to do at first is eat, sleep, poop, and the normal arc of becoming a parent in the fourth trimester will be covered in this supportive and practical class. The workshop will give expectant and newborn parents the tools to navigate the critical first three months of transition with their new baby.
We will cover:
• Research supported practical how-to's on baby care
• Understanding baby's development
• Nurturing brain development
• Parental bond with your baby
• Establishing healthy sleep habits
Via Zoom Live Interactive Group Workshop
[Recordings are not enabled to respect privacy of participants]
Erica Lyon has been teaching pregnancy, postpartum and parenting for 25 years. In the 1990's to the early 2000's she worked at the Elizabeth Seton Childbearing Center developing and teaching classes that became a city wide resource. She was the Founder of NYC's first pregnancy and parent education center, Realbirth from 2003-2010 and is the Author of The Big Book of Birth, Penguin 2007. She has her Bachelors of Science in Human Development with a focus in Maternal Child Health and a Master in Public Health. She is the mother of three ages 26, 22 and 10.
• All HRP Mamas Workshops are offered on a self-select sliding scale.
• Need a refresher? Forgot what you learned in this workshop the last time you attended it? Don't worry! All HRP Mamas Prenatal Workshops can be taken a second time by the same registrant for no additional fee. Please email us to be re-registered for this workshop.